Alexandre Duret Lutz

For a long time I have been browsing Flickr looking for ideas and inspiration. Looking for ideas and photographs that amaze me. That I didn't even know were possible.

Flickr is where I came across a photographer called Alexandre Duret Lutz who is a computer scientist who lives in and is from Paris, France. Alexandre travels the world with a pretty average camera and creates these amazing planets called stereographic projections. Or as he calls them "wee planets"

when seeing his images I immediately set out trying to make them. After doing a whole project on them for college I realised just how hard it is. You have to take continuous images in a 360 of the sky, the ground and straight in front of you. You then have to carefully piece these images together to make a panoramic. After all of this is done there is software that allows you to transform the 2-D panoramic in to a 3-D sphere.

I find these kind of photography so interesting because its pushing the boundaries of what you can do within photography making a change from just a simple click and shoot. Here are some of my own stereographic projections.