Holga

I was recently having a conversation with my friend and he was saying that he doesn't see the point in using Holga and Lomography cameras. His argument was 'why would you want to use a camera were you can't control anything and the outcomes are normally crap and blurry or have red stains on them but everyone seems to think that effect is really cool'

Seeing as I have my own Holga I completely disagree. I love that the 'unknown' when taking a photograph. The fact that every single photograph you take will look different with a different effect. the fact that the camera is so cheap is what first attracted me to the idea and of course because it's so cheap this means the quality is poor allowing light to leak in and displaying vignetting. The colours are also vivid and bright this type of photography is unlike any other.

It is becoming so popular in today's society that hundreds of mobile phone apps are available to take photographs that give this effect digitally straight away instead of using film. This kind of vintage look is definitely in style right now. For instance Instagram.